Big K.R.I.T. ft. Yelawolf - Happy Birthday Hip Hop Lyrics

Lyrics:

[Verse 1 - Yelawolf]
 I used to do backspins, no Adidas suit
 In my grandmama’s house, listening to Coup
 Straight out the country like a pair of boots
 With arrow pulled back, you been shot, no apparel to match
 I was hip-hop before I hopped to be hip
 Some dirty British Knights, tied up, size 6
 Don’t give me the spoon to cut my pie with
 I get it, hand scooped the poofs under my eyelids
 I was bumpin’ that ? and that UGK, and that group home
 And Skinny Pimp from Tennessee, and I knew the songs
 Mystikal, muthafucka: put your boots on
 That’s mustard: no Grey Poupon
 Geto Boys trick or treat: let’s go home
 Deep dish D’s: drop two tones
 And I know Alabama ain’t your birthplace
 But I just come to celebrate: happy birthday
 Hip-hop

 [Hook]
 Yelawolf and Big KRIT on some new shit
 We got that firewater, so keep your candles lit
 Happy birthday hip hop!
 Mississippi/Alabama and it don’t stop
 The door slamming and the rims chop
 Twin states from the bottom, now we on top
 So happy birthday, hip hop
 We worldwide and it don’t stop

 [Verse 2 - Big K.R.I.T.]
 I’m hollerin’ breathe little shawty
 Just look what I done bought ya
 The very best that I possess from ‘neath that country water
 Like preaching from the altar, I break bread with you hip-hop
 Just show me where the sauce, a piece of mind is what it cost ya
 The beginning of the better, return of forever
 Like Pete Rock in the lab, no telling what we’ll chef up
 You find a will to flow once the vinyl dust settle
 I was digging in the crates, just bring a 40 and your shovel
 Old school Chevy, sprayed it Ole Miss Rebel
 My definition for lizard crawlin’ and heavy metal
 808 bass in, haters strut facing
 While you was Kid N Playin’, I was UGKing
 “Say it ain’t so, KRIT”, bitch, I’m just saying
 Don’t play me like no sucka
 These Alpines leave you muffled
 Country bumpkin hella gumpshin, tell them niggas take that
 Happy birthday hip-hop, now show me where the cake at

 [Hook]

 [Verse 3 - Yelawolf/Big K.R.I.T.]
 Bonita fried, apple pie bum put me on
 (Put ‘em up) waffle house, 2Pac’s rock song
 You see I had to dig to find the hieroglyphics
 My mama didn’t know about (?) Souls of Mischief
 See the Bible what gave me the Holy Spirit
 But it didn’t give me rap, cuz I wasn’t supposed to hear it
 So I had to walk under them Rebel flags
 With my hoodie inside out, with Adidas on the tag
 Who would’ve thunk it, I think we onto something
 Like a speaker on my chest, no holding back they hear me coming
 If you check my gun function, I’ve been ’bout it ’bout it
 The royalties within my jeans and they so outta pocket
 Back when Screw was popping, Them 4s and vogues was chopping
 The swangas swung like pendulums and boppers kept bopping
 Reminiscing on the golden times
 3000 rhymed over noise so organized

 [Hook]



Subscribe to get more videos :